Position Overview: All positions are responsible for upholding the mission and vision of Achievement Centers for Children & Families and fostering programs and activities that promote the academic, social, emotional, and physical development of each child enrolled.
The Associate Director partners with the Program Manager, Education Director, and Senior Director of Early Learning Programs, to ensure a high quality early learning environment is provided to enrolled children and families. The Associate Director is responsible for assisting the Senior Director in running the day-to-day operations of the center and also filling in for the Senior Director when necessary. The Associate Director works with a culturally competent, community focused lens to promote socio-emotional health, opportunity and equity. This is a highly responsible leadership position with influence to affect the course of the Center’s programs, policies, and practices. The Associate Director ensures implementation of all contracts, federal, state and local rules and regulations, as well as maintaining documentation and preparing summary reports for ACCF needs.
Classification: Exempt – Salary
Reports to: Senior Director of Early Learning Programs
Duties & Responsibilities:
Planning, Vision and Leadership
• In conjunction with the Early Learning Program leadership team, develop a strategic plan and goals in accordance with the agency’s vision and mission utilizing best practices to guide the quality of the Early Learning programs.
• Manage adherence to quality standards and maintain quality effectiveness measures.
• Assist the Senior Director to create annual operating plans that support strategic direction set by the leadership team and correlate with operating budgets.
• In conjunction with the Senior Director, develop and monitor strategies to ensure long-term financial viability of the program.
• Ensure optimal level of communication exists to promote the development and implementation of the program’s projects, programs and services.
• Assist the Senior Director in staying abreast of industry trends and anticipate how trends are likely to impact agency work.
Program Standards & Staff Management
• Provide leadership and direct support for the daily operation of the Toddler and Preschool Buildings.
• Work collaboratively with the Early Learning Program leadership team to develop academic programs, set instructional objectives, and help create instructional resources.
• Work collaboratively with the Early Learning Program leadership to evaluate programs, monitor classroom instruction and provide feedback and coaching/modeling to staff to ensure growth and effectiveness.
• Assist the Senior Director in selecting, developing, evaluating and supervising and supporting over twenty employee.
• Work collaboratively with the Early Learning Program leadership to ensure program staff receives regular continuing education/professional development.
• Create an open dialogue between staff and supervisors in matters of curriculum, policy, rules and regulations, training and credential requirements, special events, monitoring, and any programmatic concerns.
• Establish positive relationships and communication with families to foster engagement in the Center.
• Coordinate with key personnel and agencies to ensure assessments are conducted and appropriate services are made available to all children and families as needed.
• Assist the Senior Director to develop annual budgets that support operating plans and submit for approval.
• Prudently manage the organization’s resources within budget guidelines.
• Ensure financial affairs of Center are conducted in accordance with policies and guidelines approved by the board and generally accepted accounting principles.
• Provide timely and accurate information to keep leadership team informed of program’s financial position and enrollment status.
• Ensure Billing and Reimbursement activities are accurate and current.
Program Operations & Compliance
• Assist Senior Director to lead the Early Learning Program through certifications, accreditations and monitoring opportunities.
• Ensure compliance with funding sources and regulatory requirements.
• Collect and analyze evaluation information that measures the success of the organization’s program efforts; refines or changes programs in response to that information.
• Oversee all monitoring, accreditations, licensing, and programmatic requirements for NAEYC, VPK, Head Start, Early Learning Coalition, Office of Early Learning, Palm Beach County School District, and Strong Minds.
• Attend appropriate provider meetings, workshops, seminars, conferences and obtain required credentials.
• Assist Senior Director to ensure enrollment of the toddler and preschool buildings, confer with funding agencies on enrollment requirements, monitor enrollment status and execute recruitment strategies to maintain a full program.
• Ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements and ensure sound risk management policies are in place and personnel policies and procedures are maintained.
Foundation Support & Community Relationships
• Support the Foundation fundraising strategies and activities presenting the organization and its mission, programs, and services are consistently presented in a strong, positive image to relevant stakeholders.
• Conduct tours that speak to program efficacy and Early Childhood Development strategies and initiatives.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor Degree in Early Childhood Education or related field (advanced degree preferred)
• Florida Center Director’s certificate (or willingness to obtain within one year of employment)
• Required DCF Childcare Training Credential, or willingness to obtain in first three months of employment and start within the first month; additional required training modules as stipulated by the Health Department or funding agencies.
• Five (5) years of experience in program management and instruction
• Experience in program and personnel management.
• Knowledge of the principles, practices and standards of agency accreditations and monitoring requirements.
• Certificate of completion for Teaching Strategies GOLD® Introduction and Objectives for Development and Learning or willing to obtain within 6 months of employment
Associate Director 03/2019 Page 3 of 3
• Classroom Assessment Scoring System Certified® (CLASS) preferred.
• GOLD™ Inter Rater Reliable preferred
• Experience in Creative Curriculum®
Essential Skills and Abilities
• Broad knowledge of the principles and practices of Early Learning Program.
• Dedication to a high-quality environment where children, parents, and staff are welcomed and affirmed.
• Ability to project a positive attitude, be flexible regarding work assignments and respond to changing priorities.
• Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Experience working with staff and families from diverse backgrounds.
• Ability to work independently and with a team.
• Ability to communicate effectively with strong written and verbal skills.
• Detail oriented.
• Proficiency in using Microsoft Office, Word and Excel.
• Proficiency with Apple products.
• Ability to manage time effectively and multi-task several projects at once.
• Be able to lift 25-30 lbs.
• Be able to walk, squat/kneel, sit on floor, see, hear, speak with children to ensure children’s health and safety.
• Must be able to frequently walk, grasp, push, kneel and stand while setting up and taking down events.
• Must be able to sit for extended periods of time while operating a computer.
• Frequently required to speak and listen while communicating.
• Must be able to endure repetitive wrist, hand and/or finger movement while operating office equipment.
• Requires clarity of vision at close distances while operating a computer.
• Regular attendance is a necessary and essential function.
Other Employment Information
• Fingerprinting and background check
• Initial drug screening; random checks
• 90-day initial probation period for employee with review at the end of that period
Achievement Centers for Children & Families is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time.
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org