Utilizing their 60 nonprofit member organizations and community partners, The Spirit of Giving is dedicated to helping thousands of economically disadvantaged children and their families prepare for academic success in the new school year with the up-coming annual Back to School Bash.
We invite every member of the community to join us in “Putting Kids First” and helping thousands of local children begin the school year with confidence!
This event provides over 4,000 at-risk children, served by the organizations that make up the Spirit of Giving Network, the opportunity to begin the school year with new backpacks and supplies so that they have the tools they need to learn. At the event, each child is paired with a personal shopping buddy who helps them in selecting their own backpacks and supplies. While the children pick out their supplies, the parents are able to explore a variety of informational booths. In addition to the school supplies, families will also be able to receive healthy snacks, medical testing, free haircuts and new shoes.
Our volunteers are the greatest resource we have! Spirit of Giving uses individual and corporate donations to fund our community initiatives.
For our Back to School Bash, any kind of community support in the following would be appreciated:
- Volunteer – Help with set-up on the day before or the day of the Bash on Saturday, August 1st. General volunteers as well as health care providers, hair stylists, barbers, Spanish and Creole interpreters are needed.
- Sponsor a Child(ren) – $50 provides a backpack full of grade appropriate school supplies, shoes and a uniform shirt for a deserving child.
- Hold a drive – Have your business, church, service organization, or neighborhood collect for a specific item. We are collecting 16oz and 28 oz jars of peanut butter and jelly, boxes of mac and cheese and all sizes of new white crew socks to distribute at the Bash.
- Fundraise – Schedule a dress down in your office with Spirit of Giving’s Back to School Bash as the designated charity.
- Donate in-kind items or services for the event – Water, ice, coffee, healthy snacks, rentals, printing services, polo style uniform shirts, etc.